Centers of excellence
The centers of excellence gather expertise within the areas of healthcare in which Sahlgrenska University Hospital is a national and international leader, in order to provide the best possible care for patients.
The centers of excellence gather expertise within the areas of healthcare in which we are a national and international leader, in order to provide the best possible care for patients.
A center of excellence brings together key persons from various organisations to ensure that patients receive the best possible quality of healthcare. A center of excellence will facilitate cooperation across organisational boundaries for patients with complex diseases that require care from different specialists.
Our centers of excellence provide
- a seamless care chain that adapts healthcare to the patient’s requirements and wishes
- better collaboration within multi-disciplinary teams, over the borders of different professions
- research and development in the field in question
- a node in our work with other actors and partners
- more efficient use of our resources, thereby reducing costs
- Centers of excellence also have a mission to increase the probability of achieving specific targets set up by hospital management.
The hospital’s centers of excellence
- Center for breast diseases
- Center for Cystic Fibrosis
- Center for advanced reconstruction of extremities (CARE)
- Center for Huntington's disease
- Center for highly specialised epilepsy care
- Center for medical genomics
- Center for rare diagnoses (CDD)
- Geriatric development center
- Gothenburg Emergency Medicine Research Group (GEMRG)
- COPD Center
- Prostate Cancer Center
- Intestinal Failure Center
- Transplant Center