Previous experience and conditions to fulfil in order to be eligible to apply:
- Applicants must have earned a D.D.S., D.M.D. or equivalent degree and have acceptable academic records and references.
- Applicants must have at least two years of documented clinical training (general dentistry, after graduation and registration as a dentist).
- Applicants must have a good command of English, documented by an internationally recognized proficiency test such as: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or equivalent. TOEFL total score 575 and 4.5 on written test (paper based) or a total score of 90 and 20 on written test (Internet based test). IELTS with an overall mark of at least 6.5 and no band less than 5.5. This is applicable only if the applicant is from a country where English is not the native language.
2. Tuition fees
Tuition fees are subject to annual adjustments, please contact our Education Manager for the current price.
The Specialist Dental Training Program may be financed through a public sponsor/employer in the resident’s home country, by a company or by private means. The content and conditions for the Program will be specified in a formal agreement between the funding party and Sahlgrenska International Care.
The Specialist Training position is an unpaid position. Sahlgrenska International Care does not offer any scholarships.
Please note that the cost for Swedish language courses is not included in the tuition fees.
Value-added tax (VAT)
General tax (25%) applies in accordance with the Swedish Value Added Tax Act. For non-business and non-profit organizations, Swedish VAT will be added to the price. Such entities pay taxes in the service provider’s country, Sweden. For international businesses and profit-making organizations that are VAT registered, Swedish VAT will not be added to the price since such entities pay taxes in their own country.
Fill out our application form and send it to us along with the following:
- Certified copies of graduation certificate, internship certificate and university transcript. Do not send originals. An authorized translation into English must be enclosed if the documents are issued in any other language
- A cover letter stating clinical as well as research interest, ambitions, desires and professional goals
- A certified copy of your licence to practice dentistry
- Certificate(s) from your employer verifying at least two years of documented clinical training
- A Certificate of Good Standing (not older than three months) issued by relevant authority in the country/countries where you hold a dental licence
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation from recognized scientific or clinical dental institutions
- Financial guarantee
- TOEFL or IELTS certificate (or equivalent)
- One photograph
- An application fee of SEK 500 must be paid into our account (please inlude receipt):
- BIC: SWEDSESS
IBAN: SE02 8000 0810 5969 4565 6145
Beneficiary name: Sahlgrenska International Care
Bank name and address: Swedbank AB, 404 80 Göteborg, Sweden
- For payment within Sweden, pay SEK 500 to bankgiro 737-5918.
Please send your application by mail to
Sahlgrenska International Care
P.O. Box 7163
SE-402 33 Gothenburg
or if sent by courier, to
Sahlgrenska International Care
Medicinaregatan 12 a
413 90 Gothenburg
or email your application, to firstname.lastname@example.org
After the deadline we will review the applications and select a few candidates for digital interviews on Teams. Those who successfully pass that step will be invited to a second interview.
The selection criteria include competence, experience and professional goals with the training, but also personal suitability. We strive to achieve a more even gender distribution on our Specialist Medical Training Programs.
As part of the assessment the candidates will complete a practical test and/or a simulation. In addition, sometimes the candidates are invited to observe at the clinic for 1-3 days.
References are checked in accordance with Sahlgrenska University Hospital’s HR policy.
If you are offered a position at the SDTP-program, we will issue a formal letter of acceptance for the speciality concerned and send it to you and/or your sponsor.
Payment of the Acceptance Fee (the Acceptance Fee will be deducted from the Tuition Fee the first year).