Diagnostics and treatments
This is a description of SCCC's strategy for diagnostics and treatments.
Sahlgrenska University Hospital has a longstanding culture of developing and embrace new techniques and methods in diagnostics and treatments of malignant diseases.
- Cancer care shall be provided by specialized multidisciplinary teams
- For each tumour type there shall be a specialist team to provide the expertize for optimal diagnostics
- Treatments shall be provided by a specialist team and according and with the highest international standards
- Key indicators of quality, safety and processes shall be documented for regular assessment
- In all phases of the cancer care pathway the possibility of research and innovation initiatives shall be considered and promoted
Precision medicine – a new reality
Sahlgrenska University Hospital has a longstanding culture of developing and adopting new technologies and methods in diagnostics and treatment. Precision medicine is an area with enormous potential, where large investments are expected.
- If we are to be able to offer patients the best carers, there is no choice, says Lars Palmqvist, professor and chief physician at Sahlgrenska University Hospital.
Read the article on precision medicine within Sahlgrenska Comprehensive Cancer Centre (In Swedish)