Diagnostics and treatments
This is a description of SCCC's strategy for diagnostics and treatments.
Sahlgrenska University Hospital has a longstanding culture of developing and embrace new techniques and methods in diagnostics and treatments of malignant diseases.
- Cancer care shall be provided by specialized multidisciplinary teams
- For each tumour type there shall be a specialist team to provide the expertize for optimal diagnostics
- Treatments shall be provided by a specialist team and according and with the highest international standards
- Key indicators of quality, safety and processes shall be documented for regular assessment
- In all phases of the cancer care pathway the possibility of research and innovation initiatives shall be considered and promoted
Precision medicine – a new reality
Sahlgrenska University Hospital has a longstanding culture of developing and adopting new technologies and methods in diagnostics and treatment. Precision medicine is an area with enormous potential, where large investments are expected.
- If we are to be able to offer patients the best carers, there is no choice, says Lars Palmqvist, professor and chief physician at Sahlgrenska University Hospital.